Monday, February 27, 2006

Who is your favourite Copenhagener?

I’ve decide to change the quote at the foot of the page – not that it is all that noticeable. While I am very fond of Dave Allen I find that a particular thing that Niels Bohr said is most condign - Every sentence I utter must be understood not as an affirmation, but as a question. I might add that while Bohr was born in Copenhagen, the city seems far more keen on celebrating H.C. Andersen by having bad sculptures and underpaid actors depicting him on what seems like every other corner. I guess Bohr was just plain lucky to have been saved that indignity. Or maybe it has something to do with fewer people reading theoretical physics than children’s stories – not that I have anything against good children’s stories. I suppose that good children’s stories and good theoretical physics are, in fact, similar in that they reveal something important about the world and in that they bring joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home