Tuesday, July 26, 2005

There's not much that can beat this, is there?

I don’t know how to put this in any particularly interesting way so I won’t try. Quite simply, yesterday I watched my daughter take her first steps. She rolled like a sailor on a storm-tossed deck and ended up plopping down on her bottom but before she did she walked something like 2 metres. One can look for whatever meaning one wants in that but, really, such a search is pointless. The meaning is right there. The story behind the event is just that – the story behind the event – and nothing more substantial. I would like to say more but would inevitably fall into cliché as is almost inevitable when describing a intensely personal experience that is, in truth, universal.

2 Comments:

At 27/7/05 7:15 pm, Blogger tank said...

Interesing blog. I was searching for "apostate catholic encyclopedia" and your site came up. I wanted to know if I was apostate. But I think I'm just a heretic.

 
At 27/7/05 10:39 pm, Blogger Notorious Apostate said...

According to whom? And why should their opinion matter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home